At Rocky Mountain Containers in Denver, CO, your complete satisfaction is our top priority.
If you are looking to buy high-quality, watertight shipping containers from a company with an impeccable reputation for quality and service, look no further than Rocky Mountain Containers. We make the purchase of cargo containers fast, easy, and efficient. To learn more about our affordable storage container options, click on the questions below.
1. New (1-trip): As close to new as you can get without spending double or triple for a new container. The unit has made one trip from its point of origin (usually China) carrying cargo. It is then taken to a distribution point unloaded and made available for sale. Most new (1-Trip) containers come in light neutral colors.
2. IICL: Generally, IICL standards are regarded as the most stringent in the industry. Considered premium grade and almost always have a superior cosmetic appearance.
3. Cargo Worthy (CW): Unit meets the Shipping Industries International standards. These containers are structurally sound and have been deemed to be suitable for overseas shipping. A third party certified inspection will need to be done for a Cargo Worthy certification.
4. WWT (Wind/Water Tight): No leaks or holes in the container with fully functional doors. Structurally sound, all seals, doors, floors in good functioning condition.
5. AS-IS: Container is purchased in “as is” condition. There is no guarantee they are or will remain water tight. Most have sustained significant damage.
20’ Std containers weigh approximately 5100#.
40’ Std containers weigh approximately 8000#.
Exterior measurements for a Standard Height container are 8’6” tall, 8” wide and 20’ or 40’ long.
Interior measurements for a 20’ std are 7’9” tall, 7’8” wide and 19’3” long.
Interior measurements for a 40’ Std are 7’9” tall, 7’8: wide and 39’5” long.
Exterior measurements for all High Cube (HC) containers are 9’6’ tall, 8’ wide and 20’ or 40’ long.
Interior measurements for a 20’HC are 8’10” tall, 7’8” wide and 19’3” long.
Interior measurements for a 40’HC are 8’10” tall, 7’8” wide and 39’5” long.
Yes, we can have your container painted the color of your choice. Please use the Comments section of the Quote Request form or call us to speak directly.
The site should be level and stable. The container can be set on gravel, road base, dirt or concrete. If the site is not level, you could have problems with the opening and closing of the doors.
Containers are usually delivered on a tilt bed trailer. The truck is 12’ wide and will need approximately 110’ of straight line to be able to drop the container (40’) and drive out from underneath it. There is no charge if you would like to pick up your container at the depot.
Yes, you may go to the depot to see the units in our inventory by appointment. Please plan to give us 24hr notice so we can notify the Depot. Please note: The lift drivers will not move containers for you.
All containers will need to be paid for before you pick them up or have them delivered. We will invoice you detailing the container price, state taxes and delivery charges. Accepted methods of payment are Cash, Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover and ACH payments. Once payment has been made, we will send you a release number on a paid invoice. Your paid invoice is your proof of ownership.